TrainingBack to Main
Learn how the TRN can be used to assess your site’s energy and water resilience posture through a risk-informed approach.
TRN OverviewOriginally Presented: September 9, 2020
The TRN Overview training is intended to provide the attendee with an understanding of the overall TRN planning process—from identifying and engaging the right stakeholders and collecting data through identifying and prioritizing resilience gaps and solutions. Once completed, you will be able to utilize the web-based application to initiate an assessment of your site’s resilience posture.
- Identify the tools you need to initiate resilience planning for your organization.
- Enable your organization to collect data and resources, assess risk, and identify and prioritize solutions that enhance energy and water resilience.
- Take next steps to initiate and pursue a resilience planning effort at your site.
- Earn 0.30 continuing education units (CEUs).
TRN Risk Assessment OverviewOriginally Presented: September 15, 2020
The TRN Risk Assessment Overview training will focus on how to apply a risk-informed approach to identify and assess your site’s risk drivers that help inform and prioritize resilience solutions. This training will go into detail on the quantitative risk assessment methodology used within the TRN and how to interpret results from the risk-screening.
- Understand the benefits of the TRN’s risk-informed approach to resilience.
- Access and use the TRN Risk Assessment module.
- Describe risk components and apply risk-based thinking in the TRN.
- Identify risk drivers from information within the risk output.
- Earn 0.30 CEUs.
Developing and Prioritizing Resilience Solutions within the Technical Resilience NavigatorOriginally Presented: January 2021
Understanding the resilience solutions that will be most effective at a site can been an overwhelming and challenging endeavor. This workshop will introduce participants to the process of developing and prioritizing resilience solutions using the Federal Energy Management Program’s (FEMP) Technical Resilience Navigator (TRN). Achieving enhanced energy and water resilience at a site requires federal personnel to engage a variety of stakeholders, address risks and identify, prioritize, fund, and execute energy and water solutions. This training will focus on understanding key concepts of identifying resilience solutions that address resilience gaps at your site. The training will demonstrate how the TRN models and prioritizes resilience solutions based on risk reduction and other site-determined criteria. The training will include interactive exercises and a demonstration on the updated TRN web tool, helping attendees learn how the TRN could be used to enhance the energy and water resilience at their site.
- Learn to enhanced energy and water resilience
- Review key concepts for identifying resilience solutions
- Develop and prioritize resilience solutions
- Earn 0.30 CEUs.